The UW Boise Psychiatry Residency Program strives to create a supportive, diverse, and inclusive training environment dedicated to the mission of preparing graduates to work as leaders and expert consultants in rural and underserved areas, improving mental health care in our state and the surrounding region.
TO ACCOMPLISH THIS MISSION WE AIM TO:
- Train expert psychiatrists who can deliver evidence-based, biological, psychological, and social assessments and treatments
- Focus on integrated care models, consult liaison psychiatry, and telepsychiatry experiences to promote systems thinking and improve population health in our state and region
- Provide robust addiction, geriatric, and child psychiatry experiences to prepare graduates for the full scope of practice required in rural settings
- Foster leadership opportunities in our medical systems and in local and state medical societies
- Promote interprofessional collaboration and scholarship
- Create an educational climate that promotes the professional development of both faculty and trainees as life-long learners