Current Clinical Work:
(current assignments, teaching)
Staff psychiatrist, Boise VA Medical Center, 2014-Present
- Research Director UW Idaho Psychiatry Advanced Clinician Track
- Areas of Interest (including publications):
- Suicidology, lifestyle psychiatry, integrated care (*See below for publications)
- BS, Behavioral Science, 2002; Andrews University (Newbold College England Campus)
- MD, 2010; Loma Linda University School of Medicine, Loma Linda, CA
Residency in Adult Psychiatry, Board Certified, 2014; Mayo School of Graduate Medical Education, Rochester, Minnesota
- *Warren MB. Reaching for the Golden Goose Egg. Psychiatr Serv. 2018 Jul 1;69(7):836.
- Warren MB, DeHaan J, Hutchison EP, Krause AJ, Murphy MP, Velez ML. Residents teaching residents: results of an interdisciplinary educational endeavor. Academic Psychiatry. 2018 Aug;42(4):473-476.
- Warren MB, Elder S, Litchfield NP. Electroconvulsive Therapy for Depression Comorbid with Myasthenia Gravis: A Case Report and Review of the Literature. J ECT. 2018 Mar;34(1):50-54.
- Warren MB, Schak KM. Disclosing Huntington’s Genetic Testing Results in the Context of Intellectual Disability and Guardianship: using the family illness narrative to guide the flow of information. J Genet Couns.2017 Apr:26(2):272-275.
- Warren M. Defining Health in the Era of Value-Based Care: The Six Cs of Health and Healthcare. Cureus. 2017 February; 9(2): e1046. Doi:10.7759/cureus.1046
- Warren MB. Laboring in the shadow of the media: care and perceptions of care in the VA. Fed Pract. 2016 September;33(9):23-25.
- Warren MB. Venlafaxine-Associated Euprolactinemic Galactorrhea and Hypersexuality: A Case Report and Review of the Literature. J Clin Psychopharmacol. 2016 Aug;36(4):399-400.
- Burton MC, Warren M, Cha S, et al. Identifying Patients in the Acute Psychiatric Hospital Who May Benefit From a Palliative Care Approach. Am J Hosp Palliat Care. 2016 Apr; 33(3):228-232.
- Warren MB, Stabler J, Hagman MM. Intravenous melatonin abuse leading to recurrent aortic valve endocarditis: a case report and discussion. BMC Psychiatry. 2016 Feb 24;16(1):39.
- Warren MB, Campbell RL, Nestler DM, et al. Prolonged length of stay in ED psychiatric patients: a multivariable predictive model. Am J Emerg Med. 2016 Feb;34(2):133-139.
- Warren MB, Lapid MI, McKean AJ, et al. Code Status Discussions in Psychiatric and Medical Inpatients.J Clin Psychiatry. 2015 Jan;76(1):49-53.
- Burton MC, Warren MB, Lapid MI, Bostwick JM. Munchausen syndrome by adult proxy: A review of the literature. J Hosp Med. 2015 Jan;10(1):32-35.
- Warren MB. Distance. JAMA Pediatrics. 2014 Sep;168(9):795.
- Students, Alumni, Faculty and Friends of LLU School of Medicine, Hadley Donna (editor). Evening Rounds Daily Devotional Stories. Loma Linda: Loma Linda University Press, 2013, p. 137.
- Warren MB. Rhabdomyosarcoma.The Pharos, Volume 73, number 2, Spring 2010, p. 11
- Students, Alumni, Faculty and Friends of LLU School of Medicine, Hadley Donna (editor). Morning Rounds Daily Devotional Stories. Loma Linda: Loma Linda University Press, 2008, p. 117.